|Mountain Living Checklist (from Jefferson County)
Note: Although the Jeffco site was created for and is specific to Jefferson County, the general information is
helpful those moving to mountain communities in Clear Creek County.
| Septic Tank Pumping
• Septic Tanks need to be pumped on average about once every two years.
• This time can be more or less depending on the number of people living in the home. Two years is a safe number.
• Septic tank pumping companies can be located in the Yellow pages as well as on NextDoor.
• Failure to pump your septic tank can cause damage to your system which can be expensive to correct
Guide To Colorado Well Permits, Water Rights & Water Administration
How to get a copy of your water well permit and adjudicate your well
link to Colorado Division of Water Resources Ground Water Information and Well Permitting
Water Smarts: A Homeowner's Guide to Mountain Groundwater
| Living at High Altitude
• High Altitude Cooking Tips
• HIgh Altitude Cooking Tips From New Mexico State University
• High Altitude Cooking
• High Altitude: Acclimatization and Illnesses
| Trees & Plantts
• Mountain Pine Beetle (CSU)
• IPS Beetle (CSU)
• 2013 Colorado Noxious Weeds
• Weed Management (CSU)
• Gardening on Floyd Hill